Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Welcome to my blog

I have decided to postpone my regular blog "Recipes 4 My Daughters" because my diet and cooking habits have changed drastically this month. I've just got back from England visiting my darling family and stuffing myself silly with fish and chips, sausages, Cornish pasties and all those fattening English delights. Hence, I've put on a few pounds and the whole family (here in Boston) are jumping on the bandwagon.

My goal is to lose about 20lbs, but I think I'll be happy with 15. Hubby and daughter also have goals of about 20, so I'm having fun planning meals and trying to make this diet as easy, and delicious, as possible.To be honest, I'm the worst person to start a diet because the "D" word alone prompts me to start overeating! I"m sure that I'm not alone. However, since discovering the Harcombe diet, which doesn't count calories by the way, I haven't felt hungry at all and I've already lost 5 lbs in one week!

I guess I should introduce you to the principles of this diet, but instead I'll just send you to Zoes' website. It will be describe the 3 phases and the science behind it. Please check out The Harcombe Diet. Another link with more helpful tips is All about you.

I will posting photos of the foods, meals and snacks I'm eating during this diet. If you've just started this diet or you have a success story or have a great recipe to share, please leave a comment for us to read. Thanks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment